Nutritious Recipe ingredients: Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash.
Everything you need to prepare yourself previous to barbecuing Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. This is one way it is best to prepare food it.
Ingredients of Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash
While in the food preparation process an individual take some important seasonings. If right now there is one thing that is certainly forgotten about next the actual result are not relative to ones expectations. To begin with, it is possible to make a few of the seasonings below.
- Prepare 2-4 of whole acorn squash.
- Prepare 1 stick of Butter.
- You need Pinch of Fresh Herbs.
- You require 2-4 cups of Brown sugar.
- You require Dash of Honey.
- Prepare 1 of box/bag Brown rice and/or Quinoa (or leftover if available).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet Orange pepper.
- You need 1 of Sweet Yellow pepper.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare of Leftover turkey.
- Prepare of Leftover corn.
- You need of Leftover stuffing.
- You require of Leftover cranberry sauce.
- It's of Leftover Marshmallows.
- You require of Baked Squash Seeds.
Step by step of Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash
To receive excellent effects, you should go through preparing food recommendations together with the subsequent Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash properly
- Preheat Oven to 375°. Wash and cut acorn squash into halves. Scoop out all the seeds and set aside. Place squash onto a baking sheet or dish. Cut stick of butter, placing 2-3 pats into each squash half according to size. Add a pinch of leftover herbs from making your Thanksgiving Turkey, I had some thyme leftover, but use what you have and/or prefer. *(If you already have leftover cooked acorn squash halves then skip this step and cut the time in half!).
- Next, place 1/2 cup brown sugar into each squash half on top of the butter and herbs. Drizzle honey across each squash along the edges and inside middles. Place in the oven for 30-35 to soften up while you prepare the filling. *(If you already have leftover cooked acorn squash halves then skip this step!).
- Slice yellow and orange peppers and sweet onion. Saute veggies in oil, then make the rice and/or quinoa according to instructions. *(We didnt have rice or quinoa leftover from our feast so I used a one skillet meal starter with quinoa and brown rice. If you have leftover rice or quinoa to use then skip this step!).
- When skillet mix is finished, add leftover turkey (shredded or diced) to the mix. Add leftover corn also and mix well. Cover and set aside..
- Remove acorn squash from heat and allow to cool slightly, while you make the baked seeds..
- Leave oven at 375°. Remove all seeds from squash insides and place into a bowl. Wash and rinse well. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and lay seeds out into a flat layer. Spray a layer of cooking spray across the tops of seeds. Immediately after spraying, dust tops with cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 15-20 mins until toasty. Then remove and let cool. *(If you already have some baked seeds use what you have and skip this step!).
- Now, using a spoon place leftover stuffing and quinoa/rice mix with leftover turkey and corn into the baked acorn squash halves..
- Finally, Preheat the oven to 400°. Place a scoop of leftover cranberry sauce onto each mixture filled acorn squash half. Top with leftover marshmallows (if you use these from your sweet potato recipes) and drizzle honey across tops. Place into Oven..
- Bake stuffed acorn squash for 25-35 mins until marshmallow is melted and insides are warm. Remove from heat. Top with baked seeds. Serve & Enjoy!.
First thing for you to do before cooking any vegetable is to clean out them thoroughly. You'll can't predict there is bacteria lingering on the new vegetables and then we definitely cannot see them while using the naked eye. It might be important to completely clean them for we can also never observe if chemicals were sprayed on them. Without correct cleaning most of the chemicals maybe mixed into our food with the chance of intoxicating us that can lead to health problems.
It is necessary to fail to overcook your vegetables so they really will be crunchy without mushy. Cooking it really right would also enhance the bathroom especially begin using bright colored veggies that could possibly make any dish look so tempting to eat.
Back to Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash, how can you cook while using recipe above? If you haven't felt factor about these results, you'll be able to your special creations to fit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com