Vegan Shepherd's Pie.
You're able to grill Vegan Shepherd's Pie using 16 recipe and 23 steps. This is one way you'll want to prepare it.
Ingredients of Vegan Shepherd's Pie
Within the cooking food process people require some vital seasonings. If there is something that may be lost in that case the effect will not be relative to the expectations. To start out, you can get ready some of the spices below.
- You need 500 g of rinsed, 12h-soaked green&brown lentils*.
- It's 1500 g of water.
- You require to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large white onion ca.175g.
- You require 4-6 of garlic cloves ca.20g.
- You must have 3-4 of carrots ca.200g.
- Prepare of Olive oil (or vegan butter).
- It's 4 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1½tsp dryied thyme.
- You need 2420 g of diced potatoes (came from a packet of 3kg).
- You require of salted water (e.g. 2tbsp of smoked salt).
- It's 260 g of cashews.
- It's 340 g of water (e.g. reuse potato water).
- It's of herb salt.
- You require of ground pepper.
- You require of ground nutmeg.
- You must have of or the equivalent in jarred precooked lentils.
Step by step of Vegan Shepherd's Pie
To receive perfect benefits, you should continue with the cooking food information by using the next Vegan Shepherd's Pie properly
- Rub 27x36cm casserole with raw garlic clove, grease with vegan butter or olive oil (a spray is easiest).
- Boil lentils in 1.5 l of water for 40min (or use 2x 660g glas jars of lentils).
- Or cook lentils w/out soaking in thermomix.
- If termomix available: add 500g lentils, tbsp veggie broth powder and 1.5l water; program 100°C for 40min reverse speed 1. Done :).
- Lentils into casserole.
- Add salt & pepper to please your taste.
- Mince garlic (in tmx at speed 7), onion, carrots (tmx 5) and sautee with thyme in olive oil (tmx varoma speed 1 for 3min).
- Add garlic etc to lentils in casserole and combine everything.
- Let heat up and simmer at low temperature.
- Grind pepper over lentils if desired.
- Peal off knobbly parts of potato. I often leave a large amount of skin on because I like it. Choose what you prefer..
- Dice potatoes and start boiling salted water in pot.
- When water is boiling add the potatoes, cover with lid and set timer for 15 minutes.
- During cooking time you will need to lessen heat so potatoes don't boil over.
- Preheat 220℃ oven.
- Potatoes need to be very soft for mashing, and if done, pour out water (keep it for making cashew cream).
- Potatoes back into pot, lid on and now blend cashews with water at highest speed for 90 seconds.
- Start mashing up potatoes, add cashew cream (depending on type of potato you might not need all of the cream) and a dab of butter. Add salt, nutmeg and pepper to your taste..
- If using separate frying pan, transfer thickened lentils to casserole. Lentils are the base layer.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Into oven for 10-15 minutes until mash is a bit browned at peaks.
- If lentils are a bit liquidy you can use hot-air oven, then please turn down to 200℃.
- As I have left the peal on half of the potatoes, you can see specks of it in the baked potato crust of this just out-of-the-oven delicious shepherd's pie.
A variation to endeavor with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with a little butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to provide you with extra crispy, tasty skins that everybody will eat.
One other thing to try if you need to get fancy: if the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out of the insides, mix that has a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap the amalgamation into the skins and return on the oven for an additional pair 15 minutes till the tops are golden brown. Lunch alone!
Here we are at Vegan Shepherd's Pie, how can you cook while using the recipe above? If you haven't felt the advantage with these results, you can add your current creations to fit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com