Turnip Au Gratin.
It is possible to cook dinner Turnip Au Gratin using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. This is one way you ought to prepare food it.
Ingredients of Turnip Au Gratin
Within the preparing food method a person take some essential seasonings. If there is one area that is forgotten next the outcome won't be according to the expectations. To commence, you may create some of the spices below.
- You need 2 pounds of turnip roots.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pound of Colby jack cheese.
- You need 15 ounce of can of evaporated milk.
- You require 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1-1 of :2 teaspoon salt.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
Step by step of Turnip Au Gratin
For getting best results, you need to continue with the food preparation guidelines together with the subsequent Turnip Au Gratin correctly
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and wash the turnip roots.
- Thinly slice the turnip roots.
- Line the bottom of a pan.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add cheese chunks to top.
- Repeat each layer.
- I was able to get 3 layers.
- Bake till turnips are fork tender. About an hour. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
An alternative to attempt with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins after a little butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to provide you with extra crispy, tasty skins that everybody will eat.
Yet another thing to try if you'd like to get fancy: when the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out of the insides, mix using a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap lots of people back into the skins and return on the oven for someone else 15 minutes prior to the tops are golden brown. An evening meal itself!
Returning to Turnip Au Gratin, just how do you cook while using recipe above? If you haven't felt the best thing about these results, it's fine to use your own personal creations to match your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com