Healthful Meal: Indian Eggplant and Potato Curry. Easy Indian spiced Eggplants and Potatoes. This is an easy curried eggplant potato - Aloo Baingan recipe. I picked it up from Mom and have been making my version of it for many years.
The famous aloo baingan also known as potato eggplant curry is made many ways. Given below is step by step instructions followed by important notes including how to cook this curry in stove top pressure cooker and possible substitution. Charring the eggplant before cooking is well worth the little bit of extra time it takes; it gives the whole dish an enticing smokiness. All you need to prepare prior to cooking food Indian Eggplant and Potato Curry using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. This is one way make sure you cook food it.
Ingredients of Indian Eggplant and Potato Curry
Inside preparing method people might need some significant seasonings. If perhaps presently there is one thing that is forgotten about in that case the effect are not relative to your expectations. To commence, it is possible to create some of the spices below.
- You need 1 of medium eggplant, cubed.
- It's 1 of onion, diced.
- You must have 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 of ripe medium tomatoes.
- You must have 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You require 1 tsp of mild Indian curry powder.
- You require 1 tsp of coriander.
- You require 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It's 300 ml of coconut milk.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 of medium potatoes, peeled and diced.
Aloo Curry (Indian Potato Curry Recipe)Indian AMbrosia. This is a delicious and fairly easy curry recipe, it uses many spices and has a lot of flavor. NOTE: the longer you leave it to sit, the better the flavors to develop. This healthy combination of eggplant and potatoes curry is cooked in the North Indian Punjabi style.
Instructions of Indian Eggplant and Potato Curry
To get perfect effects, make sure you stick to the preparing food information together with these Indian Eggplant and Potato Curry properly
- Put the diced potato in a bowl and cover with a damp paper towel and heat on high for 3 min, or until cooked through..
- Stir fry eggplant until cooked through. Set aside..
- Stir fry onion, garlic. When aromatic, add the tomatoes and fry until tomatoes are wilted and become like a soup..
- Add the potato, eggplant, spices and coconut milk and simmer on low for 5 min..
This is also similar to the Pakistani style of Did you know that eggplant is known by many other names across the world? It is called brinjal in India, aubergine in Britain and as eggplant in America. Learn how to make Indian Eggplant Potato Curry by following this simple & easy recipe. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium flame. Stir in potatoes, eggplant, all spices, sugar, and water and cook it covered, until vegetables are tender.
The vital thing you ought to do before cooking any vegetable is to scrub them thoroughly. You will do not no that there's bacteria lingering on the fresh vegetables therefore we definitely cannot see them in the naked eye. Additionally,it is important to launder them for we can also never know if chemicals were sprayed on them. Without right cleaning examples of the chemicals maybe mixed into our food with the potential of intoxicating us that can lead to health problems.
It is recommended will not overcook your vegetables in order that they could be crunchy and never mushy. Cooking it just right would also enhance the dishes especially if you are using bright colored veggies that will certainly make any dish look so tempting to eat.
Time for Indian Eggplant and Potato Curry, how would you cook aided by the recipe above? If you've not felt factor about these results, it's fine to use your current creations to fit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com