My Favorite Granola Bars.
You'll be able to make My Favorite Granola Bars using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. That is the way you ought to prepare a meal it.
Ingredients of My Favorite Granola Bars
In the cooking method people need some significant seasonings. If perhaps now there is something which is overlooked then the result are not as outlined by your own expectations. To begin, you can prepare yourself several of the spices below.
- You require 1 1/2 cups of quick oats.
- Prepare 1 cup of crisp rice cereal.
- You must have 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed.
- You require 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need pinch of salt.
- You require 1/4 cup of pepitas (also known as pumpkin seeds).
- It's 1/4 cup of almonds, roughly chopped (could also used sliced).
- It's 1/4 cup of craisins (or raisins or other dried fruit).
- You must have 1/4 cup of shredded coconut (could also use coconut chips or a mix).
Step by step of My Favorite Granola Bars
To obtain great final results, you need to follow the preparing food instructions having the examples below My Favorite Granola Bars appropriately
- Optional first step : lay out the oats on a baking tray and bake at 350°F for 10 or so minutes, until everything is toasted and golden. Keep a close eye on them though, as the oats can burn quickly. Toasting the oats beforehand just adds a nice flavor to the finished bars, but this step isn't necessary..
- Line a 8x8"or a 9x9" pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to easily lift the finished bars out and set aside..
- Toss the oats, rice cereal and ground flaxseed together in a large bowl. Set aside..
- In a medium saucepan, start heating your butter over medium heat. Once it begins to melt, whisk in the brown sugar, honey and pinch of salt. This will form a kind of sticky caramel sauce, which will be the glue that holds the bars together. Let this come to simmer, then remove from heat..
- Pour the sauce over the ingredients in the bowl and use a rubber spatula to mix it all in. Make sure everything is fully saturated. Then fold in the rest of the ingredients. If using chocolate chips as one of your ingredients, barely fold them in after everything else is fully mixed, that way they won't melt from the initial heat of the sauce..
- Pour this mix into the prepared baking pan and use either a spatula or another pan or your hands to press down on the granola mixture very firmly. Whatever you're using to press down the granola, spray it first with non-stick cooking spray. Its important to really pack it down hard or you'll end up with crumbly granola chunks instead of bars..
- Place the pan into the fridge for at least 2 hours. Then, remove the granola from the pan using the parchment paper. Use a large, sharp knife to cut it into bars (or squares)..
- That's it! For grab and go convenience, you can individually wrap these using parchment paper and string or you can wrap them in plastic wrap. Store them for up to 1 week. They're a bit hard and crunchy straight out of the fridge, so I'd recommend letting them sit out at room temperature for a few minutes before eating..
An alternative to endeavor with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with a little butter, then season with salt and pepper before baking to give you extra crispy, tasty skins which everybody will eat.
Yet another thing to try if you want to get fancy: as soon as the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out the insides, mix having a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap lots of people into the skins and return towards the oven for an additional 15 minutes before the tops are golden brown. A meal itself!
Here we are at My Favorite Granola Bars, how should you cook together with the recipe above? If you've not felt factor about these results, it's fine to use ones own creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com