You're able to make Cottage Pie using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. This is how you ought to prepare food it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
Inside cooking approach an individual need some essential seasonings. If perhaps generally there is one thing that is definitely forgotten about after that the actual result are not in accordance with your own expectations. To commence, you can put together some of the seasonings below.
- You must have 8 of medium sized potatoes.
- You need 1/2 kg of ground beef or lamb.
- You need 2 of carrots, diced.
- You need 1 can of green peas.
- You need 1 can of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You must have 1 small box of cheese, cut into cubes.
- You need 1 small stick of butter.
- Prepare 500 grams of spaghetti sauce.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- You must have to taste of salt, sugar and pepper.
- Prepare 1 small can of evaporated milk.
- You must have of Green bell peppers (optional).
- You require of Spiced ham, diced and cooked.
Step by step of Cottage Pie
To get perfect effects, you should continue with the preparing instructions with the subsequent Cottage Pie accurately
- Boil potatoes in a pot until soft/cooked. Peel once cool enough to handle. Mash while adding milk and half of the butter. Set aside for later..
- Cook garlic until golden brown. Using the same pan, cook onions until translucent. Set aside..
- Cook ground beef for 15-20 minutes or until brown. Mix cooked garlic, onions and remaining butter. Add carrots and mushrooms. Add spaghetti sauce, green peas, and cubed cheese (leave some to grate and use for topping later). You may also add green bell peppers and cooked spiced ham if you want. Simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are cooked..
- In an oven-safe dish or bowl, put meat sauce and on top of it, layer prepared mashed potato mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and pop in the oven for 10 minutes at 350°..
A variation to use with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with some butter, then season with salt and pepper before baking to offer extra crispy, tasty skins which everybody will eat.
One more thing to try if you want to get fancy: as soon as the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out of insides, mix that has a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap the mix into the skins and return towards oven for someone else 15 minutes till the tops are golden brown. Supper by itself!
Time for Cottage Pie, come to a decision cook utilizing the recipe above? If you've not felt the best thing about these results, it's fine to use your very own creations to fit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com