Quick and Easy Potato Gratin.
It is possible to cook dinner Quick and Easy Potato Gratin using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. This is one way you should create it.
Ingredients of Quick and Easy Potato Gratin
While in the cooking procedure you might need some important seasonings. If perhaps generally there is one thing that may be overlooked subsequently the actual result will not be in accordance with your expectations. To begin, you possibly can prepare several of the spices below.
- Prepare 2 of large-sized Potatoes.
- Prepare 300 ml of Milk (or soy milk).
- You need 1 of Soup stock cube.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- It's 1 dash of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter (or margarine).
- You need 1 tbsp of White flour.
- It's 1 of Grated cheese (melting type).
Guidelines for Quick and Easy Potato Gratin
To obtain ideal effects, you need to stick to the cooking information along with the next Quick and Easy Potato Gratin the right way
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into 2 mm thick slices (you can slice the potatoes with the peeler too). Preheat the oven (a toaster oven is OK too)..
- Add the potatoes to a microwaveable dish and cover them with water. Wrap the dish with plastic wrap and microwave it for about 5 minutes..
- Open the plastic wrap a little and drain the water. (The dish is very hot. Use oven mitts or a towel to handle it.).
- While the potato is in the microwave, melt the butter (or margarine) in a skillet over low heat. Add the flour and sauté it..
- Pour in the milk (or soy milk) and soup stock cube. Dissolve the soup stock and season the mixture with salt and pepper..
- Once the sauce is well mixed, check the taste and adjust it with salt. If you're satisfied with the taste of the white sauce, add the potatoes and coat them with the sauce..
- Mix them in evenly and turn off the heat..
- Transfer the ingredients into a gratin (casserole) dish and top it with the grated cheese. Bake the gratin in a 200℃ oven for about 10 minutes. If you're using a toaster oven, bake until golden brown..
- Garnish it with some parsley if you like and enjoy..
An alternative to test with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins if we do butter, then season with salt and pepper before baking to present you extra crispy, tasty skins that will eat.
Yet another thing to try if you would like get fancy: after the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop your insides, mix which has a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap the mix into the skins and return towards the oven for one more 15 minutes till the tops are golden brown. An evening meal in itself!
Time for Quick and Easy Potato Gratin, find out how to cook aided by the recipe above? If you've not felt the nice thing about these results, contain your own creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com