Chicken, Ham and Leek Pie.
You'll be able to prepare Chicken, Ham and Leek Pie using 18 recipe and 11 steps. This is one way it's best to cook dinner it.
Ingredients of Chicken, Ham and Leek Pie
Inside the preparing practice anyone take some critical seasonings. If now there is something that is definitely ignored subsequently the end result aren't going to be according to the expectations. To commence, it is possible to put together several of the spices below.
- You require of For The Filling.
- It's 600 ml of Chicken stock - Flavoured with Herbs (Thyme, Rosemary and Black Peppercorns).
- It's 8-10 of Chicken Thighs - Skinned and Boned.
- You require 2 of Large Leeks.
- You must have 85 Gr of Unsalted Butter (important if using Salty Pork Hoc).
- You must have 85 Gr of Plain Flour.
- You need 50 ml of Double cream (can us whipping cream if not available).
- Prepare 300 Gr of Pork Hoc - Cooked and Shredded.
- It's 2 Tbls of English Mustard.
- You must have 75 Gr of Cheddar Grated - I used Mild but up to taste.
- You require to Taste of Salt and Pepper.
- You must have of For the Pastry.
- Prepare 250 Gr of Plain Floor.
- Prepare 1 of Sml Egg.
- You need 45 Gr of Unsalted Butter.
- You need 45 Gr of Lard Diced (or you can use the Chicken schmaltz when making your own stock if you have it).
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 of Egg to Glaze.
Instructions of Chicken, Ham and Leek Pie
To obtain great results, you should follow the preparing guidelines using the examples below Chicken, Ham and Leek Pie correctly
- Put Chicken Stock in a saucepan add 5 Sprigs of rosemary 5 sprigs of thyme and 5 peppercorns. Bring to a simmer, then infuse over a low heat for 5 minutes. Then strain to leave just the Stock..
- Add the chicken thighs to the pan, bring back to a simmer and cook gently for 20 minutes. Add the leeks and cook for 10-15 minutes until soft..
- Strain the stock into a clean bowl, and set aside the chicken and leeks to cool..
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute to make a roux. Swap the spoon for a whisk. Slowly add the reserved chicken stock to the roux, whisking constantly to keep the sauce smooth. Continue cooking the sauce over a medium-low heat for 2–3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens..
- Remove from Heat and Add Cheese and allow to melt, add the Cream and mustard..
- Then Return all the Leeks, Ham and chicken to the sauce and stir to combine. Allow to Cool..
- Place the flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Pour in the eggs. Mix on a medium speed until well incorporated- About 30 secs..
- Melt the butter, lard and 250ml water in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Turn the mixer to a low speed and gradually pour in the warm liquid, stopping as soon as a dough forms. (You can do this by hand with a large bowl and Spoon)..
- Spoon the cooled filling into a oven Proof dish, then roll out the pasty so bigger than the top. Place the pasty on the top and push around the edges trimming any excess..
- Brush the surface evenly with beaten egg and cut a small hole in the middle of the top, to allow the steam to escape. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes (or upto a day) to allow the pastry to set..
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. and cook for 35-40min until pastry is golden and filling is bubbling. Take out of the Oven and rest for 5 mins before serving..
An alternative to utilise with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with a bit of butter, then season with salt and pepper before baking to offer extra crispy, tasty skins which everybody will eat.
Yet another thing to try if you would like get fancy: after the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop your insides, mix that has a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap a combination into the skins and return on the oven for another 15 minutes prior to the tops are golden brown. Meals alone!
Back in Chicken, Ham and Leek Pie, how should you cook making use of the recipe above? If you have not felt the advantage with these results, you can your personal creations to match your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com