Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup. I used red squash (kabocha squash) for this squash soup, but you could use butternut squash which happens to be my favorite kind of squash, because. You'll need butternut squash, butter, chicken broth, carrots, onion and heavy cream. Puree soup in a blender or food processor to ensure it's smooth and Place squash in saucepan along with carrots, onions and broth, then add in the salt.
It's super creamy (yet cream-less) and full of delicious roasted butternut flavor. Let's cozy up with a bowl of warm, creamy butternut squash soup. Butternut squash and cool weather go together like they were made for. You can actually cook dinner Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. This is how you have to grill it.
Ingredients of Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
From the preparing process anyone might need some important seasonings. In case there is one thing that is definitely forgotten next the effect is definately not prior to your expectations. To commence, you'll be able to put together a lot of the seasonings below.
- You need 1 of small butternut squash (the smallest you can find is usually enough to make this recipe twice).
- It's 2 Tablespoons of butter plus 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- It's 2 cups of chopped leeks (light green and white parts only - remember to wash your leeks well!).
- You need 1/2 of a medium onion, chopped into a 1/2-inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- You must have 1 of stem celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- You must have 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme (or 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon dried).
- It's 2 cups of baked butternut squash.
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- You must have 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You must have of up to 1 teaspoon sugar if needed to lightly sweeten (some squashes are sweeter than others).
- It's 1 cup of heavy whipping cream (you can use whole, lowfat, or nonfat milk - it'll be a little less rich and creamy, but still yummy).
Get the recipe for Creamy Butternut Squash and Parsnip Soup. Working in batches, puree in a blender until smooth. Reviews for: Photos of Creamy Butternut Squash With Cinnamon Soup. Simple to prepare cannot wait to make again.
Guidance for Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
For getting best final results, please keep to the cooking guidance with the next Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup appropriately
- BAKING THE SQUASH: Preheat oven to 375F. Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the pulp and seeds, place flesh side down on your sheet pan or baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes or so until a fork or knife pierces all the way through the thickest part of the squash like a hot knife through butter..
- NOW FOR THE SOUP: Put the butter and oil in a 4 or 5 quart pot and turn the heat to slightly higher than medium. When the butter is completely melted, add the aromatics (all the veg other than squash) and saute until the onions are translucent and the leeks and onions just begin to brown in parts (about 5 minutes)..
- Add the thyme, butternut squash, stock, salt, pepper, and sugar and stir gently a few times to evenly distribute all the ingredients. Turn the heat up to medium high and bring soup to a gentle boil for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer, with the lid on askew, for 25 minutes (or until a fork pierces the carrot pieces VERY easily - the carrots need to be this tender in order to get a really smooth, silky consistency to the final product), stirring occasionally and adjusting the heat down if necessary. (If you can scrape stuff off the bottom of the pot, your heat's too high.).
- Stir in the cream, adjust seasoning if needed, and simmer, uncovered, for another 5 minutes..
- Blend the soup until it's a smooth, velvety consistency. If you have a stick blender, that's the easiest way to go, but if you're using a regular blender, blend 3 cups at a time, starting at a very low setting for the first 5 seconds to avoid splatter and then turn up to the puree setting for 20 seconds or so..
This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. I'd like to think this is the most elegant version of butternut squash soup out there. I used to live in Australia, where this soup is served often. I had to have the recipe, and now it's one of my I had first tried Butternut soup at a restaurant and wanted a recipe to make at home, I found this recipe and its better than the restaurant version I had tried!
An alternative to use with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins after a little butter, then season with salt and pepper before baking to offer you extra crispy, tasty skins that everyone will eat.
Another thing to try if you need to get fancy: once the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out the insides, mix having a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap a combination back into the skins and return on the oven for someone else 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Supper byby itself!
Back in Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup, just how do you cook with the recipe above? If you have not felt the good thing about these results, you can include your personal creations to fit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com