French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup.
You can cook food French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. That is the way it is best to create it.
Ingredients of French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup
Inside the food preparation procedure people take some vital seasonings. In the event that at this time there is one thing that may be neglected next the result won't be prior to your own expectations. To start, it is possible to make a number of the seasonings below.
- Prepare 6 of large and sweet onions.
- You need 30 ml (1 oz) of extra virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons).
- You need 60 g (2 oz) of butter.
- You require 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 (70 oz.) of Liters of meat broth.
- You require 12 slices of baguette bread.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of wheat flour.
- You require 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare of Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste).
- You need 30 ml (1 oz) of brandy or cognac.
- Prepare 120 g (4 oz) of soft grated cheese (Gruyère type).
Instructions of French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup
To obtain fantastic final results, remember to continue with the cooking instructions using this French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup effectively
- In this Onion French Soup we must use sweet onions, we will find them in any market. If another type of onion is used but the flavor will no longer be equally soft and sweet.
- Peel the sweet onions and cut them into julienne (lengthwise and thinly sliced). we put them in a bowl..
- We choose a large casserole, heat the oil in the bottom of the casserole. We add butter, which is the true basis of this French soup..
- When it has melted and mixed with the olive oil, add the onions and finely chopped garlic.
- If we have not used sweet onions, add a spoonful of sugar. Sprinkle the flour in the pan and stir gently to mix well. The effect of the flour with the onion and especially the butter is called Roux, it will help us to bind and thicken the soup..
- Add the brandy and let 2 minutes evaporate to the alcohol..
- We introduce the broth that could be meat, vegetables or chicken. Bring all these ingredients to a boil for 15-20 minutes over a very low heat. Cut the bread into thin slices and toast them lightl.
- Onion French Soup, is a liquid soup but it can be transformed into creamy. It adds a little starch that gives a texture between soup and cream. A recipe worthy of both a first course and a main one in a simple and special dinner for cold nights.
A variation to utilise with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins after a little butter, then season with salt and pepper before baking to present you extra crispy, tasty skins that everybody will eat.
One other thing try in order to get fancy: in the event the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop the insides, mix with a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap the mixture back into the skins and return to the oven for the next 15 minutes up until the tops are golden brown. A meal in itself!
Time for French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup, come to a decision cook together with the recipe above? If you haven't felt the nice thing about these results, you'll be able to your current creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com