15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice. You're going to love this slow cooker soup, full of tender beans, Cajun seasonings, and chunks of Andouille sausage. My husband likes to stir his rice into his soup, but I prefer to. Smoked sausage, vegetables, and basic seasonings flavor the soup.
A rich gumbo recipe with Cajun beans chocked full of spicy shrimp and smoky sausage. The development of this recipe was sponsored by Hurst's Beans. Nostalgia - this soup brings me back to Grandma's kitchen every time! You can actually prepare dinner 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here's how you ought to prepare it.
Ingredients of 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice
While in the preparing food procedure you might need some significant seasonings. If perhaps there is one area that is definitely neglected after that the results is definately not prior to your expectations. To start out, you are able to create a few of the spices below.
- You require 1 bag (20 oz) of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- It's 1 of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- You need 1/2 of green bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper diced.
- You must have 3/4 cup of celery diced.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare of Seasoning packet from beans.
- You require 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Prepare 4 cups of filtered water.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It's 1 of ham hock.
- You need 2 packs (12 oz) of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- You must have of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz) of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare of For rice 👇.
- It's 3 cups of white instant rice.
- It's 3 cups of filtered water.
- It's 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- You must have 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- It's 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
It's so hearty it really warms down The flavor is all in the spices and the sausage selection. Turkey smoked sausage is great in this recipe! Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onion until lightly browned. Place sausage in the pot, and pour in water.
Guidelines of 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice
To obtain fantastic success, remember to continue with the cooking recommendations having the following 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice properly
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
Frontier Soups Gluten Free Natural Soup Mix Smoked sausage or fresh shrimp would be amazing! I would also suggest making a pan of my buttermilk cornbread to accompany this soup. Our first step was to ditch the flavoring packets that come with these soup mixes beca. Add reserved seasonings from bean mix,ham bone, dried beans, stewed or diced tomatoes with liquid and pour in just enough chicken broth until bean mixture is I have made this several times and it is always a family favorite!
A variation to attempt with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with some butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to provide extra crispy, tasty skins that will eat.
One other thing try if you'd like to get fancy: when the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out the insides, mix which has a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap the amalgamation into the skins and return on the oven for one more 15 minutes till the tops are golden brown. Dinner alone!
Time for 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice, how does one cook with all the recipe above? If you have not felt factor about these results, it is possible to your individual creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com