A Proper Cottage Pie.
You can prepare food A Proper Cottage Pie using 25 recipe and 7 steps. Here is how you might want to prepare dinner it.
Ingredients of A Proper Cottage Pie
While in the cooking course of action people might need some vital seasonings. If there is a thing that is definitely overlooked then the effect won't be as outlined by a person's expectations. To begin, it is possible to make a few of the seasonings below.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 1-1/3 pound of ground beef.
- You require 2 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of carrots.
- Prepare 1-1/4 cup of celery.
- Prepare 1-1/3 cup of onion.
- You must have 1/2 cup of red wine.
- You must have 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You require 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You require 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You require 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- It's 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You must have 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare of Mash.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
- You must have To taste of salt.
- You require 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need 1-2/3 pound of potatoes.
- You need As needed of water.
- It's 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley flakes.
- You require 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need of Topping.
- You need 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
Step by step for A Proper Cottage Pie
To have ideal final results, make sure you stick to the preparing food directions by using the next A Proper Cottage Pie properly
- Peel wash and cube the potatoes. Cover with water and boil till fork tender. Drain the water. Add the butter, and milk. Shred the cheese and add to the potatoes. Add the parsley and salt..
- Whip the potatoes well till creamy. Let rest. Chop the vegetables and melt the butter..
- Sauté the vegetables for 12 minutes in the butter with the salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme. Add the beef and when browned add the wine and allow to reduce. Simmer 15 minutes. This can be done as you are doing the potatoes..
- When the liquids are reduced add the flour and tomato paste. Stir and incorporate well. Let the flour cout and cook for 7 minutes. Add the broth..
- Preheat the oven 400°Fahrenheit. Stir well stirring constantly this will thicken. Transfer to an oven safe pan I used an 8×12 pan about 2-1/2 inch deep. Spread it out evenly. Then add the mashed potatoes I used a spoon, but you can pipe it on..
- Take a big fork and plow the field, put grooves on top. Then top off with 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded. Put onto another pan. I put parchment paper on the bottom pan for easy cleanup. It's gonna bubble over!!!.
- Bake 30 minutes. Take out of oven and allow to rest 12-15 minutes before serving. I hope you enjoy!!!!.
A variation to endeavor with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with a bit of butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to provide you with extra crispy, tasty skins that everybody will eat.
One other thing try in order to get fancy: in the event the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop the insides, mix by using a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap a combination back into the skins and return to your oven for someone else 15 minutes before tops are golden brown. A meal alone!
To A Proper Cottage Pie, find out how to cook together with the recipe above? If you haven't felt the good thing about these results, contain your personal creations to match your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com