Roasted Butternut Squash Soup. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.
If you're feeling like something a bit more substantial, try this topped with a handful of crispy bacon or diced ham. All Reviews for Chef John's Roasted Butternut Squash Soup. Making soup from butternut squash is one of our go-to moves during the fall. You can actually cook food Roasted Butternut Squash Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. That is the way you need to create it.
Ingredients of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Within the cooking approach you take some vital seasonings. In case generally there is one area that may be neglected subsequently the end result are not as outlined by the expectations. To start with, it is possible to create a few of the seasonings below.
- Prepare 1 of butternut squash (3lb) cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Prepare 1 of Onion diced.
- You must have 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 4 slices of bacon, diced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You must have 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare to taste of kosher salt.
- You need to taste of Ground black pepper.
- It's to taste of red pepper flakes.
- It's 4 slices of bacon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You require 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- You must have of Goat cheese.
- You must have of Chopped chives.
Roasting it before you make the soup is key to getting that caramelized, deeply sweet flavor in the squash that we all love. (Read this guide on how to roast the best butternut squash ever.) Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is a cold-weather staple! We love this silky butternut soup served with spicy roasted chickpeas for extra flavor. Vegan, Vegetarian, and T-Rex toppings available, so there's something for everyone! Roasting the butternut squash until caramelized and tender is.
Instructions of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
For getting great success, you need to continue with the preparing food instructions together with the following Roasted Butternut Squash Soup correctly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray..
- Place butternut squash, onion, bell pepper and diced bacon in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine..
- Place into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until butternut squash is tender, stirring at halftime..
- While squash is in the oven, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add rest of bacon strips and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate..
- Heat a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add butternut squash mixture and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in chicken stock and puree with an immersion blender..
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5-10 minutes. If the soup is too thick, add more chicken stock as needed until desired consistency is reached..
- Serve immediately, garnished with bacon, goat cheese and chives, if desired..
Learn to make a delicious roasted butternut squash soup blended with sautéed onions and tart apples. This is definitely the easiest and best way to make rich-tasting butternut squash soup, without having to peel and dice a large, awkwardly shaped vegetable. Ready-prepared butternut squash can be bought from supermarkets and makes this soup even quicker to prepare. If you grow your own, use young butternut squash as they are easier to peel. Roasting the squash, rather than boiling it in a pan, really brings out the flavour in the soup.
A variation to attempt with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with a bit of butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to give you extra crispy, tasty skins which everybody will eat.
Also a thing to try if you wish to get fancy: as soon as the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out your insides, mix using a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap lots of people into the skins and return towards oven for the next 15 minutes prior to the tops are golden brown. Supper alone!
To Roasted Butternut Squash Soup, come to a decision cook aided by the recipe above? If you have not felt the advantage of these results, you can contribute your current creations to match your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com