Balanced Menu: Mama's Southern Potato Salad.
All that you should plan prior to when creating meals Mama's Southern Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. This is one way you must create it.
Ingredients of Mama's Southern Potato Salad
While in the cooking food method people require some essential seasonings. If there is a thing that may be ignored then the end result aren't going to be according to your own expectations. To start with, you may put together many of the seasonings below.
- You need 4-6 of Med to Large Russet potatoes or 8-10 Red potatoes (Using russets in the pictures).
- You need 4 of Large Eggs (or more if you like, my family does, so I use 6, at least).
- You require 1 of Med Sweet onion or 1 Bundle Green Onions (Optional) Using sweet onion for these pics.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c. of Mayonnaise (Maybe a little more or less to taste).
- Prepare 1/3 c. of Sweet Relish.
- You require 2 tbsp. of (of each) Spicy, Honey Dijon, and Reg. Mustard.
- You need 2 tbsp. of Creole Seasoning (More or Less depending on how you like your spice level!! You can buy at the grocery store but I also have a homemade recipe for it as well, on my page).
- Prepare 1/4 c. of Bacon Bits or 2-3 slices of bacon, fried and broken up.
- You must have 2-3 of Roasted Garlic Cloves minced and chopped up (Easy, EASY recipe also available for Roasted Garlic on my page) or Couple tbsp Minced garlic, Garlic Salt or Powder will work too.
- You require To Taste of Salt and Pepper.
Step by step for Mama's Southern Potato Salad
To get great success, please continue with the preparing food directions using the examples below Mama's Southern Potato Salad correctly
- Get the potatoes in heavily salted water, begin to slowly boil, to be able to add eggs. Add eggs when boiling starts. Cover and let boil for another 10 - 15 min..
- While the boiling is going on, prepare the onions and precooked garlic (if that's what your using, this is the garlic in the pic) Chop or dice both very finely..
- This is the chopped onion..
- Once the boiling is finished. Drain the water off of the potatoes and eggs. Cool down easiest way possible.... for me I drain the hot water off and add cold water, then refrigerate while getting other ingredients together. If I'm in a hurry I do an ice bath, pull off the heat, drain, then add ice and cold, COLD water to it. Let it sit for a few min then begin the peeling process. This way the skins of the potatoes will peel straight off with your fingers, nothing else needed..
- Once potatoes are peeled, dice LARGELY!! Peel eggs and dice LARGELY, as well. When you mix everything it will come together great, so go BIGGER on cutting up the POTATOES N EGGS!! That's kinda the great thing about this recipe your cuts don't have to be perfect!! Go ahead and add garlic and seasoning (salt, pepper, creole, ect.) and stir it up!!.
- Last step!! Mix it all together!!! Add the mustard, mayo, relish!! The longer you can let it sit, and marinate, it makes it better. I usually make mine the night before and that's the way my family likes it!!.
Firstly for you to do before cooking any vegetable is to clean off them thoroughly. You may can't predict there's bacteria lingering on the fresh vegetables so we definitely cannot see them while using the naked eye. Additionally,it is important to clean them for we also may never please note if chemicals were sprayed on them. Without right cleaning a portion of the chemicals maybe mixed into our food with the opportunity of intoxicating us that could lead to health problems.
It is important not to overcook your vegetables so they really is crunchy and never mushy. Cooking it right would also enhance the laundry especially begin using bright colored veggies that will make any dish look so tempting to eat.
Time for Mama's Southern Potato Salad, come to a decision cook with all the recipe above? If you haven't felt the best thing about these results, you can add your own private creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com