Good Food: Southern Potato Salad. This potato salad with a southern twist is perfect for a church supper or potluck. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
I start my Southern Potato Salad with regular russet potatoes. I cut any large ones in half so that they cook faster and I don't bother peeling them until they're done cooking. Southern potato salad can be made up to a day in advance as long as it is kept covered and refrigerated. Everything you should cook previously baking Southern Potato Salad using 13 recipe and 4 steps. Here is how it is best to prepare a meal it.
Ingredients of Southern Potato Salad
Inside baking procedure you need some important seasonings. If perhaps at this time there can be something that's overlooked then the effect won't be in accordance with your current expectations. To start with, you may prepare yourself many of the seasonings below.
- You require 5 large of Red potatoes.
- It's 2 of stock Celery chopped.
- Prepare 1 small of Onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 small of Green bell pepper chopped.
- It's 4 of Eggs.
- You require 6 slice of Bacon.
- You need 1 of Mayonnaise.
- It's 1 of Yellow or brown mustard.
- You need 1 of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You must have 1 dash of Crab and shrimp boil seasoning.
- It's 1 of Green onion chopped.
- You must have 1 of Sweet relish.
It actually tastes better the longer the ingredients have to blend together! The best Southern potato salad uses pretty much the same traditional ingredients: potatoes, mayo Southern Crowd Pleasing Potato Salad. Southern-style pototo salad recipe made the traditional. Potato salad reminds me so much of my Mama.
Guidelines of Southern Potato Salad
To receive ideal results, you should adhere to the preparing instructions by using this Southern Potato Salad effectively
- Bring water in large pot to a boil add a pinch of salt and dash of crab and shrimp boil seasoning. Wash and cube potatoes add to boiling water and cook until you can stick them with fork. (Should not be too soft or potatoes will turn mushy in salad) Add eggs gently, and immediately after you add potatoes..
- When potatoes are done drain DO NOT RINSE, place eggs in cool water and let potatoes cool. Finely chop celery, onions, green bell peppers, and bacon (save some bacon bits for top garnish) put in large serving bowl. Add cooled potatoes (it's ok if they are still a little warm) sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper toss to coat evenly..
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, relish (to your preference of taste) toss gently to coat. Add sliced eggs toss once more. Garnish with green onions and bacon bits. Enjoy!.
- Notes: You can use powder or liquid crab and shrimp boil seasoning. To add a little kick use spicy brown mustard and dash of paprika. This is also great served with Cajun Stew!.
This recipe is basically the same as hers - simple, basic, southern potato salad. Nothin' fancy or highfalutin' - just potatoes, eggs, onion, celery. Southern Style Potato Salad has a creamy and tangy dressing that has both mayonnaise and mustard, plus plenty of texture from the finely diced celery and sweet relish. Like so many other dishes, Potato Salad is one of those dishes that determines just how good of a "Southern Cook" you really are. Southern Mustard Potato Salad Cooking Tips.
Your first move you are doing before cooking any vegetable is to clean out them thoroughly. You would possibly never know there is bacteria lingering on the fresh vegetables which definitely cannot see them with all the naked eye. Additionally,it is important to scrub them for we also may never remember if chemicals were sprayed on them. Without right cleaning examples of the chemicals maybe mixed into our food with the opportunity of intoxicating us that can lead to health problems.
It can be vital to not ever overcook your vegetables to make sure they is going to be crunchy and never mushy. Cooking it right would also enhance the dishes especially if you utilize bright colored veggies that could possibly make any dish look so tempting to eat.
Into Southern Potato Salad, how will you cook using the recipe above? If you have not felt the beauty with these results, you can include your own creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com