Good Recipe: Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad. Try this Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad for something different; the dressing's bacon drippings barely temper the sweet-tart notes from sugar, cider vinegar, and white vinegar. We halved the amount of bacon and bacon grease to cut calories and saturated fat, so a few slices of flavorful. Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad is actually very similar to Hot German Potato Salad.
Links to additional potato salad recipes are included. - Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad - Home Cooking at BellaOnline. In a large bowl, stir the diced potatoes, chopped celery , onion and hard boiled eggs together. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the vegetable mixture. All that you should make ahead of baking Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. This is how you must cook food it.
Ingredients of Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad
Within the cooking course of action you actually require some vital seasonings. In case there is one area that's lost then the actual result will never be as outlined by a person's expectations. To commence, it is possible to put together some of the spices below.
- It's 5 of extra large potatoes.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 of copped onion, more or less to your preferance.
- Prepare 6 of pieces of bacon.
- Prepare 4 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar, others to taste.
- It's 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayo or miracle whip.
This Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad recipe was provide by Betty, one of our many readers. Betty has tried out many of our recipes and decided to give back to the community by sharing one of her treasured family recipes. This particular tried and true recipe can easily be tweaked to feed a large. A big recipe for Pennsylvania Dutch potato and bread dressing will feed a big table full of people during the holidays.
Guidance for Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad
To get best effects, you should keep to the food preparation guidelines using these Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad properly
- Boil potatoes till tender, peel and cut into chunks.
- Fry bacon in large skillet until crisp, remove from pan to paper towel to drain, do not drain bacon grease from pan.
- combine lightly beaten eggs, sugar, salt, vinegar and milk or cream in small bowl.
- in bowl combine eggs sugar salt vinegar n milk, pour into pan with bacon grease cook on medium low until custard consistency, stirring often.
- remove from from heat add bacon, crumbled and toss over potatoes.
- let cool, then add mayo and onions.
- refrigerate for at least 1 hr to let flavors combine.
These potatoes are perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas! They are my husband's family tradition in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad recipe: "My sister's wonderful potato salad". Add diced, hard cooked eggs, onions, celery and parsley to the hot, cooked potatoes. Cool potatoes slightly then peel and cut into medium sized chunks and place into a large bowl.
Your first move you ought to do before cooking any vegetable is to freshen up them thoroughly. You will can never predict there is bacteria lingering on the new vegetables and that we definitely cannot see them using the naked eye. It is usually important to wash them for we can also never notice if chemicals were sprayed on them. Without right cleaning some of the chemicals maybe mixed into our food with the potential of intoxicating us that can result in health problems.
It is recommended to not overcook your vegetables to make sure they could well be crunchy and not mushy. Cooking it right would also enhance the laundry especially you might be bright colored veggies that could create any dish look so tempting to eat.
In to Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad, how to cook making use of recipe above? If you haven't felt the good thing about these results, you can contribute your own private creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com