Wholesome Meal: Mike's Creamy Potato Egg Salad. This is the creamiest, richest potato salad you will ever try. The secret is in the homemade dressing. I get nothing but raves every time I make this.
Everyone swears that their version of potato salad is the best and there are definitely zillions of different recipes. The creamy dressing also works well for making deviled eggs. My grandma makes the best potato salad, but she doesn't use a recipe! Everything you should plan prior to when creating meals Mike's Creamy Potato Egg Salad using 20 recipe and 13 steps. Here is how you have to prepare food it.
Ingredients of Mike's Creamy Potato Egg Salad
Inside preparing food method an individual might need some vital seasonings. In the event that generally there is one area which is neglected and then the results is definately not relative to ones expectations. To begin with, it is possible to prepare yourself some of the spices below.
- It's of ● For The Proteins.
- It's 18 of Egglands Best Eggs [use older eggs - they're easier to peel].
- It's of ● For The Potatoes.
- You must have 3 Pounds of Baby Creamer Potatoes [both red & white - left whole].
- It's of ● For The Fresh Vegetables [all chilled & rough chopped].
- You require 1 of EX LG Vidalia Onion.
- You must have 2 of Green Onion Lengths [+ reserves for garnish].
- It's 1/3 Cup of Red Onions.
- You require 4 Stalks of Celery [with leaves].
- You require 8 of LG Claussens Dill Pickles [found in MKT refrigerated section].
- You must have 1 Can of LG Black Olives [halved].
- You must have 1/3 Cup of Fresh Parsley Leaves.
- You need of ● For The Cream Sauce [whisk well].
- Prepare 1 (30 oz) of Jar Kraft Real Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You must have 1/3 Cup of Fresh Sour Cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Yellow Mustard.
- You need 1 1/4 Cup of Whole Milk [more if needed].
- You require 1 tsp of Celery Seed.
- You require 1 tsp of Celery Salt.
So I watched while she put together "a little of this and a little of that" and jotted a recipe that comes close. Tried and true potato salad recipe. Classic and traditional recipe with potatoes, eggs, mayo, relish, onions and spices. It's creamy, chunky and just some good 'ol summer-time, southern, soulful comfort food at it's best.
Guidance of Mike's Creamy Potato Egg Salad
To acquire fantastic outcomes, be sure to go through baking information along with the subsequent Mike's Creamy Potato Egg Salad accurately
- Here's the bulk of what you'll need in steps #1 and #2..
- Additional ingredients needed..
- Rinse unpeeled baby potatoes well. Place in large pot and boil for 10 to 13 minutes..
- Boil your eggs by bringing room temp eggs to a steady boil. Turn off burner, cover pot and allow eggs to sit undisturbed for 18 minutes. At 18 minutes, immediately rinse your eggs in cold water to arrest the cooking process. About 10 minutes. Refill your pot with fresh cold water if needed. If any egg floats, throw it away..
- Drain your potatoes and allow them to cool a bit..
- Once cooled, slice all potatoes in half. Place in a large pot and again, allow to cool longer..
- In the meantime, chop your chilled vegetables and mix together well..
- Quite possibly the best chilled dill pickle brand ever! Definitely worth your money and seriously makes this dish! This is the only brand I'll ever use. In fact, if I don't have them on hand, I won't make the recipe it calls for..
- Peel and quarter your eggs. Allow them to cool covered..
- Gently mix all chopped vegetables and cooled eggs together..
- Mix your chilled cream sauce. Whisk well..
- Gently fold everything together in an extra large bowl. Refrigerate for 6 hours or longer stirring occasionally. I'll let mine sit for 24 hours..
- Garnish with fresh chives. Enjoy!.
A cookout really wouldn't be complete without a really good potato salad on. If you love potato salad and egg salad, then look no further. This popular barbecue side dish utilizes the delicious flavors of both. Add the potatoes, chopped celery, and chopped chives to the bowl. Gently fold into egg salad mixture until well incorporated.
The vital thing you have to do before cooking any vegetable is to clean up them thoroughly. Chances are you'll do not no there is bacteria lingering on the fresh vegetables in which we definitely cannot see them when using the naked eye. It is additionally important to decontaminate them for we can also never notice if chemicals were sprayed on them. Without proper cleaning a few of the chemicals maybe mixed into our food with involving intoxicating us that can lead to health problems.
It is necessary to fail to overcook your vegetables so that they can be crunchy without having to mushy. Cooking it really right would also enhance the dishes especially you might be bright colored veggies that can certainly make any dish look so tempting to eat.
Returning to Mike's Creamy Potato Egg Salad, how to cook when using the recipe above? If you haven't felt the beauty with these results, you'll be able to your own personal creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com