Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way.
You may prepare a meal Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here's how it is advisable to cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way
Within the preparing procedure people need some important seasonings. In the event there is a thing that may be forgotten about then the result won't be relative to the expectations. To start, you are able to put together a number of the spices below.
- You require 4 of large potatoes, peeled and sliced.
- You must have 16 oz of block of Muenster cheese, or cheese of choice, i sliced mine thin OR grate it.
- You require of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Grated parm for each layer.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You require 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare to taste of Salt, pepper, garlic powder or fresh garlic, smashed and chopped.
- Prepare of I cup of garlic bread crumbs or a cup or so of garlic croutons crushed.
Guidance of Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way
To have great success, you need to stick to the food preparation instructions using the following Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way properly
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray or grease an iron skillet or casserole dish. Place a layer of potatoes in the bottom of the skillet or pan, covering the bottom..
- Salt and pepper the potatoes and cover the layer with the cheese and a sprinkling of parm. Muenster is a softish cheese so I sliced it thin but you can grate it if you’re adventurous..
- Repeat the layers the same until all the potatoes and cheese are used, ending with cheese..
- In a medium sauce pan, On med/high heat, melt butter and add flour and stir for a minute. Pour in milk and whisk. Stir until it bubbles up and thickens. Add garlic, salt and pepper and stir..
- Pour sauce over potatoes and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes..
- Uncover the potatoes after 45 minutes and add bread crumbs and another sprinkling of parm. Return to oven, uncovered, and bake until hot, brown and bubbly, about another 15-20 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes then cut and enjoy..
An alternative to utilise with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins after some butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to give you extra crispy, tasty skins which everybody will eat.
Yet another thing to try if you need to get fancy: after the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out of the insides, mix which has a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap many people back into the skins and return to your oven for another 15 minutes before tops are golden brown. A meal itself!
Back in Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way, how do you cook utilizing the recipe above? If you've not felt the best thing about these results, you can add your own creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com