Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb).
It is easy to prepare dinner Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) using 28 recipe and 9 steps. Here is how it's best to grill it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb)
From the preparing method anyone need some essential seasonings. In case there is a thing that is certainly forgotten about in that case the effect won't be prior to your current expectations. To begin with, you can prepare many of the spices below.
- Prepare of Equipment.
- Prepare 2 of Pans.
- You need 1 of Baking Tray (I think mine was approx 20cm x 20cm).
- You need 1 of Food Pocessor (I used my trusty Nutribullet).
- You need of Oven.
- Prepare of Produce.
- It's 1 of Celery Sticks (finely chopped).
- You require 1 of Carrots (finely chopped).
- You require 1/2-1 of Leek (finely chopped).
- Prepare 200 gms of Mushrooms (some sliced, some finely chopped).
- You must have 1/2 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- You require 2 of Garlic Clove (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbs of fresh Parsley (finely chopped).
- You require 3 sprigs of Thyme (leave whole).
- You need 1 head of Cauliflower (processed) - for the topping.
- It's of Others.
- It's 1 1/2 of tab Dried Mix Herbs (or Pizza herbs).
- You need 1 tbs of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You require 3 tsp of salt (2 for filling, 1 for topping).
- You require 1 1/2 tsp of Pepper (1 for filling, 2/2 for topping).
- It's 1 tbs of Rice Flour (mixed in with 1/2 cup cold water).
- You must have 1 1/2 cups of Water.
- You require 2 Cups of Almond Milk (for the topping).
- You must have 1 tbs of butter (for the topping - I used a dairy free version).
- Prepare 3 tbs of Parmesan (for the topping - I used a Vegan Parmesan).
- You require 1 Can of lentils (drained and rinsed).
- You need 2 tbs of Olive Oil.
Guidelines of Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb)
To obtain best final results, please go through preparing information along with the subsequent Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) effectively
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare vegetables as per ingredients instructions (pic doesn't show the Cauliflower once put in the food processor or the rice flour mixture).
- Place 1tbs Olive oil in a pan, add the onion and saute for 5mins..
- While the onion sautes, in the other pan, add the processed Cauliflower, 2 cups almond milk, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper to the other pan. Place lid on pan and leave to simmer covered (I didn't take any pics, sorry). This will cook down for approx 15 - 20mins cooking (or until softened).
- Back to the filling pan, Add the other tbs olive oil and then leek and garlic and saute for a further 3 minutes. Then add the Mushrooms, carrot, celery, parsley, tomato paste, thyme, mixed herbs, paprika, 2 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper and stir..
- Add the lentils and 1 1/2 cups Water and stir. Bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for approx 10mins.
- Just before the filling is ready, add the rice flour water mixture and cook for a minute or so and place the filling mixture into the baking tray.
- For the topping, place the cooked down Cauliflower mixture in a Food processor (I used a Nutribullet), with the butter and 2tbs Parmesan and blitz until smooth..
- Spread the Cauliflower Mash over the top of the filling, sprinkle the last tablespoon of Parmesan over the top and bake for 30mins..
- Once finished, serve. You can leave in the oven for longer for a browner top. I was too hungry to wait and it was great anyway (although doesn't make for the prettiest of pics 😂).
A variation to try with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins if we do butter, then season with salt and pepper before baking to provide you with extra crispy, tasty skins that anybody will eat.
One more thing to try if you want to get fancy: in the event the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop your insides, mix which has a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap the mix back into the skins and return towards the oven for someone else 15 minutes before tops are golden brown. Lunch by itself!
Back to Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb), how would you cook making use of the recipe above? If you've not felt factor about these results, you can include your creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com