It is possible to prepare dinner Cottage Pie using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. That is the way it is advisable to cook food it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
Inside food preparation practice anyone need some crucial seasonings. If there can be something which is lost next the results will not be relative to your expectations. To begin, you'll be able to create many of the spices below.
- You require 3 tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1 tbsp. of butter.
- You require 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You require 1 tbsp. of tomato paste.
- You must have 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, dried rosemary.
- You require 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- You must have 1 1/2 cups of unsalted beef broth.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of frozen peas and carrot mixture.
- You need 3 cups of already prepared mashed poatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
Guidance of Cottage Pie
To receive great effects, remember to continue with the baking guidelines using the examples below Cottage Pie properly
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Once its hot, add the beef and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain out any fat, if needed, then set it aside on a plate and cover with foil..
- Add the remaining oil and butter to the skillet. Once the butter melts, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Then stir in the garlic and tomato paste. Cook and stir another minute or so, then add the beef back to the skillet with the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Sprinkle the flour over the beef and stir to integrate. Cook and stir often for a couple of minutes, then stir in the broth and Worcestershire sauce. Let the mixture come up to a simmer and let it simmer until it has thickened (5-10 minutes. The gravy should coat the back of a spoon). Then remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the frozen veggies..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 8x8" baking pan, then pour the beef mixture into it and spread it out evenly. Stir the cheese into the mashed potatoes (if using leftovers like I do, warm the potatoes up slightly first). Then scoop the mashed potatoes evenly over the top and use a fork to spread them out, being careful not to mix it into the beef mixture. Bake for 25 or so minutes, until golden on top and heated throughout. Then let it sit for 10 or so minutes before serving..
An alternative to test with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with a bit of butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to provide extra crispy, tasty skins that everybody will eat.
Also a thing to try if you'd like to get fancy: when the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out of insides, mix that has a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap a combination back into the skins and return for the oven for the next 15 minutes before the tops are golden brown. An evening meal inside of it!
Here we are at Cottage Pie, just how do you cook together with the recipe above? If you've not felt the nice thing about these results, you'll be able to the creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com