Pumpkin and Coconut Layered Cake (Kuih Talam). Kuih "Talam" literally means "tray" in Malay language, meaning cake steamed in a tray. Kuih talam is another well-liked Nyonya or Peranakan cake in Southeast Asia. Peranakan cuisine is the fusion of Chinese and Malay cuisines due to intermarriages between the Chinese and Malay population.
Whisk all the ingredients together until they are well combined. Pour the top layer mixture onto the top of the cooked pumpkin bottom layer in the. This pandan and coconut layered cakes or better known as Kuih Talam in Malaysia, is a popular afternoon snack and goes perfectly with coffee or tea. You'll be able to cook food Pumpkin and Coconut Layered Cake (Kuih Talam) using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here's how it's best to cook dinner it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin and Coconut Layered Cake (Kuih Talam)
From the preparing food practice a person need some important seasonings. If perhaps now there is one thing that is definitely ignored next the end result are not in accordance with the expectations. To begin, you can get ready a number of the seasonings below.
- You must have of For Bottom Layer:.
- You must have 1 kg of (2.2Ib/35.2oz) pumpkin flesh - cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces.
- You require 135 g (4.8 oz) of rice flour.
- It's 50 g (1.8 oz) of tapioca flour.
- You must have 3 tablespoons of agave syrup.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It's 160 ml of coconut milk.
- You need of For Top Layer:.
- It's 100 g (3.5 oz) of rice flour.
- It's 50 g (1.8 oz) of tapioca flour.
- You require 100 g (3.5 oz) of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare 400 ml of coconut milk.
- You require 3 tablespoons of agave syrup.
- You must have 1 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup (250 ml) of water.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You must have of Equipment:.
- You need 8 inch of deep square cake pan.
Kuih Talam, a traditional dessert still popular in Malaysia until today. The two signature colors of Kuih Talam is Remove from heat and pour coconut layer onto the green pandan layer. All r my favourite local cakes. Singapore Home Cooks: Pumpkin Layer Kueh by Janice Looi.
Guidance for Pumpkin and Coconut Layered Cake (Kuih Talam)
To have perfect success, please stick to the cooking guidance with these Pumpkin and Coconut Layered Cake (Kuih Talam) appropriately
- For Bottom Layer: Heat up a large wok half filled with water, place a large plate over a steaming rack in the wok and add all the pumpkin pieces. Cover with lid and steam on medium heat for 10 minutes or until all the pumpkin pieces are soft. Remove plate and place all the pumpkins in a large bowl, mash well with a potato masher. In another large bowl, mix the rice flour and tapioca flour with a whisk. Then add in the coconut milk, agave syrup and vanilla extract, whisk and mix well..
- For Bottom Layer: Follow by adding all the mashed pumpkin into the flour mixture in step 3. Whisk until all the ingredients are well combined. Line the bottom of an 8 inch square cake pan with baking/parchment paper. Pour the pumpkin mixture in step 4 into the cake pan. Heat up the wok half filled with water again, bring to a boil. Place the cake pan onto the steaming rack. Cover with lid and steam on medium heat for 25 minutes..
- For Top Layer: Mix all the rice flour, tapioca flour and desiccated coconut in a large bowl, whisk and mix well. Then add in all the coconut milk, agave syrup, vanilla extract, water and salt. Whisk all the ingredients together until well combined. Pour the top layer mixture onto the top of the cooked pumpkin bottom layer in the cake pan. Cover with lid and steam for 30 minutes. Ensure that there is enough water in the wok. Cool and refrigerate for few hours or overnight before slicing..
Steamed Layer Cake (Banh Da Lon) Mildly sweet with a chewy and sticky texture, this scrumptious steamed layer cake is a popular Kuih Talam Durian Kenyal, Senang Kisar Guna Blender Dapat Tekstur Yang Halus - Rasa. A variation of kuih talam, kuih kacang merah is a type of kuih made with red beans (duh), coconut milk and pandan. It's sometimes sold in layers of deep pink and white (alternatives include a piece that's fully red or with colour gradations of dark pink to white) with chunks of adzuki beans in it. This steamed coconut flavor rich dessert comes with top white layer made from coconut milk and rice flour and the bottom green layer is made from rice and mung bean flour with natural green coloring extract from pandan leaves.
A variation to attempt with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins if we do butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to provide you with extra crispy, tasty skins that anyone will eat.
One other thing to try if you wish to get fancy: when the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out of insides, mix by using a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap lots of people back into the skins and return towards oven for one more 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Meals by itself!
Into Pumpkin and Coconut Layered Cake (Kuih Talam), just how do you cook using the recipe above? If you have not felt the beauty of these results, it is possible to your individual creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com