You could create Shepherd's Pie using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. This is one way you need to prepare a meal it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
From the cooking food procedure anyone need some critical seasonings. When now there is one thing that is overlooked in that case the results are not according to a person's expectations. To commence, you'll be able to put together a lot of the seasonings below.
- It's 1.5 lbs of russet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of half & half.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of cracked pepper.
- It's 1 of egg yolk.
- You require 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced (about one cup).
- Prepare 2-3 of carrots, peeled, diced (1 cup).
- It's 2 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of ground lamb (traditional) or ground beef.
- You require 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of flour.
- It's 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- You require 1 tablespoon of ea. Chopped fresh rosemary and thyme leaves.
- You need of Kernels cut from 2 ears corn (1 cup).
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas.
Instructions of Shepherd's Pie
To have best effects, be sure to adhere to the baking guidance having the subsequent Shepherd's Pie accurately
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch dice. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 10 to 15 minutes..
- Place the half-and-half and butter into a microwave-safe container and heat in the microwave until warmed through, about 35 seconds. Drain the potatoes in a colander and then return to the saucepan. Mash the potatoes and then add the half and half, butter, salt and pepper and continue to mash until smooth. Stir in the yolk until well combined. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F..
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the filling. Place the canola oil into a 12-inch saute pan and set over medium high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the onion and carrots and saute just until they begin to take on color, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir to combine. Add the lamb, salt and pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes. Sprinkle the meat with the flour and toss to coat, continuing to cook for another minute..
- Add the tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire, rosemary, thyme, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer slowly 10 to 12 minutes or until the sauce is thickened slightly. Add the corn and peas to the lamb mixture and spread evenly into an 11 by 7-inch glass baking dish. Top with the mashed potatoes, starting around the edges to create a seal to prevent the mixture from bubbling up and smooth with a rubber spatula..
- Place on a cookie sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes or just until the potatoes begin to brown. Remove to a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before serving..
An alternative to use with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with a little butter, then season with salt and pepper before baking to offer you extra crispy, tasty skins that anybody will eat.
One more thing to try if you want to get fancy: as soon as the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out the insides, mix using a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap a combination into the skins and return towards oven for the next 15 minutes prior to the tops are golden brown. Lunch byby itself!
Here we are at Shepherd's Pie, how to cook while using the recipe above? If you've not felt the advantage of these results, contain your individual creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com