Beef Au Gratin Casserole.
You are able to cook Beef Au Gratin Casserole using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here's how it is advisable to prepare a meal it.
Ingredients of Beef Au Gratin Casserole
Inside the preparing food practice anyone take some significant seasonings. If perhaps presently there is one thing that is certainly forgotten and then the result is definately not prior to your current expectations. To commence, you may prepare a few of the spices below.
- You must have of Olive Oil Spray.
- You require 1.5 lbs of ground beef.
- You require 1.5 lbs of petite red potatoes (sliced thin).
- It's to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- You require 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- It's of Cheese Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (diced).
- You require 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- It's 1 Tbsp of dried thyme.
- You need 3 cups of chicken broth (divided into 2 cups and 1 cup).
- You require 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 lb of block Colby jack cheese (cubed).
Instructions of Beef Au Gratin Casserole
For getting great final results, please continue with the food preparation guidance with the examples below Beef Au Gratin Casserole correctly
- Spray 13x9 baking dish. Preheat oven to 375°. Thinly sliced potatoes..
- Dice onions..
- Cube cheese block..
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan on medium heat..
- On medium high heat in medium skillet cook ground beef until browned and crumbled. Set aside..
- Add diced onions to melted butter and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes)..
- Add corn starch and dried thyme. Cook an additional 1 minute while stirring well..
- Add 2 cups broth. Stir continuously until thickened. (3-5 minutes).
- Add other cup of broth. Stir well. Reduce temp to medium-low..
- Add sour cream. Stir until smooth and well incorporated..
- Add Colby jack cheese. Stir continuously until melted and incorporated into sauce. Remove from heat..
- Spread half of potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Top potatoes with cooked ground beef..
- Layer the rest of the potatoes on top of the ground beef. Salt and pepper..
- Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes and ground beef layers..
- Wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Set baking dish on a baking pan to collect any spillover. Bake for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes, remove foil. Add 1 cup shredded cheddar..
- Add 1 cup Italian bread crumbs. Return to oven uncovered additional 15 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let rest 15-20 minutes before serving..
An alternative to attempt with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins if we do butter, then season with salt and pepper before baking to present you extra crispy, tasty skins which everybody will eat.
Also a thing to try if you need to get fancy: if the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out of the insides, mix which has a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap lots of people back into the skins and return for the oven for one more 15 minutes till the tops are golden brown. A meal by itself!
Back in Beef Au Gratin Casserole, how should you cook using the recipe above? If you haven't felt the nice thing about these results, you can include your current creations to match your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com